New national statistics show York as the most improved council in the country for delivery of adult social care and services.
New national statistics show York as the most improved council in the country for the delivery of adult social care and services.
Data from NHS England demonstrated that in 2016/2017 York moved up the league table 81 places, from 123rd to 42nd.
York showed dramatic increases in areas such as:
* Social care quality of life
* People getting self-directed support
* Carer reported quality of life
* Social care users having as much contact as they would like
* Social care users feeling safe and secure as a result of services provided
Cllr. Paul Doughty, Conservative spokesperson for health and adult social care said: “This is really positive news and our hats are off to all of our staff and our partner agencies who’ve worked hard to make this incredible improvement possible. Clearly these are only statistics and what is really important are the services we provide to support our community. York’s Conservative-led administration will continue to do all it can to put front line services at the centre of all of our efforts.”